The Strong Shall Survive

Ellen J. Barrier/Author/Spirituality Counselor


"The qualities of a great man are vision, integrity, courage, understanding, the power of articulation, and profundity of character."
~ Dwight David Eisenhower
     Finestquotes.com

Scripture:
For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
Romans 7: 18


The things we find in greatness are vision, integrity, courage and understanding. Those who possess these fine qualities, also, have power of articulation, and profundity of character. However, there is a spiritual foundation that is needed for such characteristic values to exist, that is strength. Without it, greatness can’t exist.

We all want to obtain greatness and to perform that which is good, as both writers stated in the quote and, in the scripture. But, how can we possess all these qualifications: goodness, vision, integrity, courage, understanding and profundity of character?

Scripture:
For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
O wretched man that I am! Who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God;
but with the flesh the law of sin.
 Romans 7:22-25

Conclusion:
In order for us to possess goodness, greatness of character, and have vision, integrity, courage, understanding, the power of articulation, and profundity of character, we must find the spiritual strength through Jesus Christ.

$15.75


How To Trust God When All Other Resources Have Failed

Author: George C. Barrier Sr., & Ellen J. Barrier

ISBN:978-0-9794043-0-6

Copyright© 1994

Order by Mail or Online. To order by Mail, send Check or Money Order.
 (allow 3 weeks for delivery)

Barrier’s Books & Associates                                
P.O. Box 12269
Wichita, KS. 67277-2269

No comments:

Post a Comment