God Gives Strength In Times Of Distress

Shared by Gladys M. Hayes


I have been living with a needle in my right knee for many years. The doctors discovered it from X-rays taken  after an injury from a fall.  It has caused lots of pain and swelling in my leg, since I fell. But through prayer, the pain is becoming less noticeable. This too, shall pass.

I am happy to report to you that, God is my strength in times of needed help. I have had to depend on him for strength to live from day- to- day. I have a very serious heart condition. When I was a child, I was stricken with Rheumatic fever. The fever, damaged the valves in my heart and weakened them. After, I tell you more about my heat condition, you will understand, why I believe God gives strength in times of distress.

My heart:

1995:  I suffered a heart attack
1996:  I suffered a heart attack
1998:  I suffered a heart attack

On a day that started out beautiful, in the year of 1998, that day became cold and very unpleasant for me and my family. When we received the news that my grandson Dumund, had been killed, it broke my heart and caused great pain and sorrow in all our souls. Dumond, was very special. He was planning his future like most very young adults do. He had a job, and was planning on buying a car. My husband and I raised him. He called me, "Big Mama." He was presently, living with us, at the time of his death.

Dumund's death was senseless. His life was taken from him, at the hands of another young man, with a gun in his hands that he had no business with. A gun that reportedly was taken from the home of an adult, who should have taken the responsibility of keeping his weapon secured. Too many families have had to face the pain of loosing their children and other family members, at the hands of young people, who got possession of  guns. But, God sends an Angel to strengthen us at the time, when it seems the burden of having to accept a loss is too much to endure.

Scriptures:

No, in all these things, we are more than conquers through him that loved us.
Romans 8:37

For his anger endures but for a moment; in his favor is life: weeping may endure for a night. But joy comes in the morning.
Psalms 30:5

No weapon that is formed against us shall prosper: and every tongue that shall rise against you in judgement, you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord.
Isaiah 54:17

(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God, to the pulling down of strong holds;)
2 Corinthians 10:4

And Moses said unto the people,  Fear you not. Stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord, which he will show to you today: for the Egyptians whom you have seen today, you shall see them no more for ever.
"The Lord shall fight for you.  And you shall hold your peace."
Exodus 14:13,14

                    
Title: How To Trust God When All Other Resources Have Failed
ISBN: 978-0-9794043-0-6
Copyrights© 1994
Authors: George C. Barrier Sr., & Ellen J. Barrier
Price: $15.75
Book Description: packed with inspiration, information for health, life stories and more.
Payment Method: Check or Money Order


Barrier's Books & Associates
P.O. Box 12269
Wichita, Kansas 67277-2269

No comments:

Post a Comment