The Battle is The Lord's Your Victory is IN Him

Ellen J. Barrier/Author/Spirituality Counselor 

There are times when we are confronted by the forces of evil; be they sickness, financial distress, problems in a relationship, individuals causing discomfort in the work place, in schools and elsewhere. These are the times we must take our position, and declare that we will not allow ourselves to be defeated, because the battle is the Lord’s and our victory is in him.


We are in a spiritual warfare. One of which is growing stronger each day. There are times when wickedness attacks the innocents. There is no place that is off limit. Places that were once thought to be safe havens aren’t safe anymore. Evil visits the churches, homes, hospitals, schools, workplaces, and ways by which we travel; airway, upon the waters and upon earth.

We must re-examine our past experiences, when we faced previous challenges - And remember that God brought us through them victoriously. When we remember those times, we bring that needed strength, into our minds and into our spiritual being that produces the faith in God that releases his power!

Facing the Enemy with God’s Power

When David confronted his challenger, he drew strength from his past experiences with God. He re-examined his past. While attending his father’s sheep, on two different occasions, a lion and a bear attacked a lamb. He pursued him, and took the lamb out of his mouth, and slew him.

David credited God for having given him those victories. He stated, “Moreover, the Lord that delivered me out of the paw of the lion, and out of the paw of the bear, he will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine.”

Speaking directly to his challenger, in the presence of an assembly of people who doubted that he would have any chance of a victory, due to the comparison of the two; David faced a man of war. His challenger was equipped with warfare material, sword, and spear. He was the height and size of a giant. Whereas, David was small in size and had a sling and a stone. And, was still a child, with no experience other than what he stated, “And all this assembly shall know that the Lord saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle is the Lord’s, and he will give you into our hands.” God, didn’t fail David. He came through for him and gave him victory. When the challenger, arose and drew near to meet David, he quickly ran toward the army to meet him, and took a stone and slang it, and it sank into his forehead and he fell upon his face. Then David ran and stood upon him and took his sword and drew it out of the sheath thereof and slew the challenger with his own sword.
(Event: I Samuel 17 chapter)

Psalm 23
By: King David

The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Video: YouTube__ Weapons of Warfare
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqFWEmUdMZo&list=UUkIBpb0ZRu2RGdh2X7p7YFw&index=5

This teaching is to inspire courage, hope and strength. I address the issues of life's challenges that confront every person in some way. No one is isolated from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment